Chief Marketing Officer
- Marketing & Creative
- Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
Email us: HR@fliteboard.com
From a spark of inspiration, to a globally recognised company producing the world's most highly-awarded electric hydrofoils, Flite has come a long way in a short time.
Flite exists to make the world’s most loved personal foil craft, innovating towards cleaner and quieter waterways.
Our award-winning Fliteboards have sold 10,000+ units across 90 countries, with over 330 authorised partners and Fliteschools across the world.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a dynamic and visionary Chief Marketing Officer to lead our marketing and creative efforts and drive our company’s global expansion.
The CMO will report directly to the CEO, and the role is based at our Global HQ, Byron Bay.
The CMO will have experience scaling marketing and sales in high growth entrepreneurial companies, be an experienced leader developing high performance but supportive growth culture, and have an outstanding track record building and managing high performance brand, marketing and digital programs. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in building an exciting global brand and Australian company, that is already the global market leader.
- Building and managing a high-performance team, including supporting our Creative Director in building a strong creative team to drive ambitious growth.
- Crafting and executing a comprehensive marketing strategy to propel ambitious growth, brand awareness, and market share.
- Accountability for driving awareness, demand, and sales growth.
- Brand strategy and development – Collaborating with and supporting our creative Director to ensure a consistent and compelling message across all touchpoints and conveying the uniqueness and innovation of our business and products.
- Further extending business performance leveraging design, brand, and digital.
- Further development and execution of the Fliteboard Marketing strategy across owned, paid and earned media, content, customer programs, ambassadors, events, partnerships, and sponsorships.
- Management of a growing marketing budget to build brand and activate sales globally.
- Presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience scaling marketing and sales in global, high growth entrepreneurial companies
- Team development and management
- Marketing strategy development
- Design / brand strategy experience and management
- Experience working closely with creative teams
- Digital platform, ecosystem development, analytics, performance marketing
- Consumer brand / technology experience
- B2C and B2B marketing strategies
- Budget management and reporting
- CEO level reporting
- Global brand experience, international markets Luxury brand experience
- Digital Direct to consumer business
- Action sports / lifestyle
- Proven track record of at least 15 years’ experience in marketing leadership roles, ideally within the consumer brand, technology or water sports industry.
- Experience contributing to leadership and management within a high performance business.
- Strategic thinker and ability to see the big picture.
- Design/brand experience or awareness
- Strong digital marketing, web platform, performance marketing and analytics experience
- Exceptional team management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to delegate efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to deliver ambitious brand and sales outcomes
We offer a competitive salary package, and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking company that is at the forefront of the electric foiling industry.
If you are a strategic marketing leader with a passion for innovation and a desire to make a significant impact, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and join our team in shaping the future of water sports!
How to apply
The role is offered as a full-time permanent position based in Byron Bay.
IMPORTANT: Please email your CV and Cover letter outlining your reason for application, addressed to HR@fliteboard.com. We welcome you to apply even if you don’t match every requirement posted for this role. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you are passionate about working on the next evolution in water-sports technology and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Diverse backgrounds and experiences promote innovation, and our goal is to build a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Please note, as much as we would love to get back to all applications, only candidates who match the above who we deem a possible fit will be considered for shortlisting. We will be reviewing your application and responding if suitable with feedback, as soon as possible.