- Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
Email us: email@example.com
From a spark of inspiration to a globally recognised company producing the world's most highly awarded electric hydrofoils, Flite has come a long way in a short time.
Flite exists to make the world’s most loved personal foil craft, innovating towards cleaner and quieter waterways.
Our award-winning Fliteboards have 10,000 sold units across 90 countries, with over 330 authorised partners and Fliteschools across the world.
Our team includes Naval Architects, Product Designers, Mechanical, Electronic and Software Engineers, and is focused on the intersection between electric vehicle technology and hydrofoil design.
Purpose of the Role
As a Production Manager (Engineering) at Fliteboard, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and high-quality production of our product. You will be responsible for managing day-to-day manufacturing operations, overseeing the production team and working closely with the Production Director to achieve production goals and quality standards.
- Production Oversight: Manage and optimise the production process to meet production targets, quality standards, and delivery schedules.
- Product Integration: Reviewing new products and components released from engineering and integrating them into the production process, ensuring documentation is clearly defined along with production setup and integration.
- Scope, Design, develop, document, and implement robust, safe, sustainable, efficient, and cost-effective production assembly and test processes;
- Establish production standard work for each product with a focus on Safety, Quality and Efficiency;
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers to define and manage capacity planning;
- Team Management: Lead and supervise production teams, including assembly line workers, technicians, and inventory team.
- Resource Allocation: Allocate resources efficiently, including personnel, equipment, and materials, to maximise production output and minimise waste.
- Quality Assurance: Oversee quality control processes to ensure that all products meet Fliteboard's high-quality standards.
- Continuous Improvement: Work with QC manager to identify areas for process improvement and work with cross-functional teams to implement changes that enhance efficiency and product quality.
- Component Control: Liaise with Inventory Manager to ensure adequate stock of materials and components to align with the production plan.
- Budget Management: Collaborate with the Production Director to develop and manage production budgets, tracking expenses and optimising costs. Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant safety, environmental, and regulatory standards in the production process. Reporting: Generate and present regular production reports to the Production Director, highlighting key performance indicators and areas for improvement.
- Planning and organising production schedules.
- Overseeing and managing Fliteboard’s overall supply chain to maximise the process efficiency and productivity.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Or Masters preferred)
- Proven experience in a production management role, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Experience with CAD software
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and a track record of process improvement.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and production planning tools. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A passion for sustainability and eco-friendly technologies.
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days annual leave
- Hybrid working environment – 4 days in-house + 1 day WFH
- EAP for all global employees - we value well-being
- Birthday Leave - have a day off on us!
- Employee Referral Program
- Growth and development opportunities
The role is offered as a full-time permanent position based in Byron Bay.
IMPORTANT: Please email your CV and Cover letter outlining your reason for application, addressed to HR@fliteboard.com. We welcome you to apply even if you don’t match every requirement posted for this role. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you are passionate about working on the next evolution in water-sports technology and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Diverse backgrounds and experiences promote innovation, and our goal is to build a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Please note, as much as we would love to get back to all applications, only candidates who match the above who we deem a possible fit will be considered for shortlisting. We will be reviewing your application and responding if suitable with feedback, as soon as possible.