Senior Software Engineer
- Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
Email us: HR@fliteboard.com
From a spark of inspiration, to a globally recognised company producing the world's most highly-awarded electric hydrofoils, Flite has come a long way in a short time.
Flite exists to make the world’s most loved personal foil craft, innovating towards cleaner and quieter waterways.
Our award-winning Fliteboards have 10,000 sold units across 90 countries, with over 330 authorised partners and Fliteschools across the world.
The product development team includes Naval Architects, Product Designers, Mechanical, Electronic and Software Engineers, and is focused on the intersection between electric vehicle technology and hydrofoil design.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the CTO, the mission is to help a small team of software engineers, collaborating in the development of new products and enhancements to existing products through innovation. On-water testing is an integral, and ridiculously fun part of the role! You will code, test, and help the team with C, python, AWS serverless lambdas and flutter. You will also work with electronic and mechanical engineers to get the best out of our products.
You will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop, review and test Fliteboard software (embedded firmware, app and cloud)
- Detailed software design, implementation and verification
- Detail tasks and update progress in Gitlab
- Maintain familiarity with current technology, industry best practices, design standards and methodologies
This role may be a great fit if:
- You are passionate about building amazing experiences.
- You can take a customer focused product and make it more accessible and more fun with technology.
- You are a creative problem solver and approach solutions from different angles, focusing on possibility, rather than limitations.
- When faced with ambiguity, you are a guiding star and create clarity for the team.
- You are passionate about high performance and have high standards.
What you will bring
- Academic Degree (Masters, Bachelor or equivalent relevant experience)
- Design and implementation of embedded software in C
- Design and implementation of iPhone and Android apps in Flutter/Dart
- Bluetooth communication and communication protocols
- Unit testing, design for test
- Knowledge of AWS S3/Lambda/Python/REST/Swagger
- Experience in Manufacturing and Quality Assurance test software
- ARM (e.g. nRF528xx, SAM C21)
- STM32, MIPI DSI
What we can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days annual leave
- Hybrid working environment – 4 days in-house + 1 day WFH
- EAP for all global employees - we value well-being
- Birthday Leave - have a day off on us!
- Employee Referral Program
- Growth and development opportunities
The role is offered as a full-time permanent position based in Byron Bay.
IMPORTANT: Please email your CV and Cover letter outlining your reason for application, addressed to HR@fliteboard.com. We welcome you to apply even if you don’t match every requirement posted for this role. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you are passionate about working on the next evolution in water-sports technology and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply. Diverse backgrounds and experiences promote innovation, and our goal is to build a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Please note, as much as we would love to get back to all applications, only candidates who match the above who we deem a possible fit will be considered for shortlisting. We will be reviewing your application and responding if suitable with feedback, as soon as possible.